FP 2.0 - What's Happening?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hyriell, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Hyriell

Hyriell Best Meme EU
    Manager

Hey everyone!
    - Hyriell here, with a much needed update!
    A lot of big changes have been going on behind the scenes here at Forever Play, and I’m here to update you all as to what is happening!

So first off, something quite big is happening. I am becoming an owner of the server. This does not mean that I solely own the server, it does however mean that from here on out Janakin and Dan will be stepping down from running and developing the server and Foreverplay will now be under my direction moving forward.

As a new owner I have big plans for the server which means that a lot of changes will be happening in the following months; I’d like to address a few of them in this thread, feel free to ask any questions below!

New Roleplay Setup

One of the biggest changes that will happen, is the fact that I want to do a new Roleplay setup which will replace, update and optimize the current setup and Map.
    The new map is currently being worked on as we speak, it will be built with features in mind that you guys have requested.
    I will be doing livestreams most weekends, where I will be streaming the progress of the builds/map so far.
    We will also have guests on the stream and do some Live Q&A sessions, so that everyone can be kept in the loop.

What Changes will be made?

Although we are sad to see them go; As it is right now, we want to focus 110% on making the Roleplay server the best it can possibly be.
    This means we will be shutting down ALL other servers to primarily focus on Roleplay, ensuring we can offer a server that is both high quality and efficient.

These servers include:

• Skyblock
    • Murder Mystery
    • Creative
    • Towny
    There is no specific date for when all the other servers will close yet; be aware we will close them closer to the release of the new RP project however we will notify everyone via the forums a week before we close them down.

New Setup? Will I lose my things?
    All items, ranks and coins will remain on your account so you don’t have to worry about that!

Plans are underway to put in place a new points system that will hopefully be more interactive, immersive and most of all fun! More information will be coming on this topic in the near future.

What new things can we expect?

With new management and new directions on the server, I have already figured out of a few “key points” we want to focus on. Here’s some of the things you guys can expect:

- Fully modular City Map with roads, pathways, hundreds of houses/apartments to rent AND decorate.
    - Vehicle Implementation that we teased at Christmas. We have decided to push this back to the release of the new map.
    - New and different ways to earn points will be implemented.
    - Improved Apartment system. Rent Apartments for up to 2 weeks at a time. Buy Blocks at the shops around the city, so that you can decorate the insides of your apartment. (take note that if you lose your apartment, you lose the items too)
    - Prestige System. Spend points on unlocking NEW parts of the city, including travelling to certain areas/islands, unlocking new Jobs and access to New School areas (More to come!).

Live Streams
    I will personally be doing live streams on ForeverPlay every other Friday/Saturday where I will be live-building on the new Roleplay setup.
    During these live streams, you are all welcome to join in and ask questions about all the new changes we will make, we will then do our best to answer them and make sure to keep you all up to date.

We hope you all are excited about these changes, as it will bring a lot more to do to the server! I am very excited about showing you guys more stuff in the following weeks :D

Feel free to ask questions here in this topic, and come with your own suggestions as well!

Best regards,

Hyriell and the ForeverPlay Team

2. Le turtle Summer

Le turtle Summer New Member

Congratulations, Hyriell! I'm so excited for all the new added items, and new map!
    I'm so proud of this server, and I know you can help it improve!

Good luck <3

xX_KaiChan_Xx and Hyriell like this.
  3. xX_KaiChan_Xx

xX_KaiChan_Xx Member

Congratz on the promotion! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the server...

Though it will be sad to see the Creative Server and Other Servers go...

~ Kai~Chan <3

Le turtle Summer likes this.
  4. ~TheLostCrow~

~TheLostCrow~ Member

Media:
    I wish I could play on the server but not until I get a new computer. But this update sounds lovely! I'm excited!

xX_KaiChan_Xx likes this.
  5. Hyriell

Hyriell Best Meme EU
    Manager

Thank you for the comment Kai-Chan!
    - While i agree it'll be sad to see them go, I think for the time being, thats the best option though. Once the RP server is as good as it can get though, I am definitely not opposed to adding other things back! :D Right now, its the RP server that needs my full attention though :D

Awh Crow, what happened to your normal PC? No wonder I havent seen you in ages haha

6. Animefiend

Animefiend New Member

Hyriell. Good job on the promotion. I cant wait for the update sounds great and i cant wait to see what u got instore for us. Much love .
    -animefiend

7. Henry Thee Purple.

Henry Thee Purple. New Member

Media:
    Yea sounds good,
    the only thing that worries me is the "prestige system"
    better not be expensive.

8. ~TheLostCrow~

~TheLostCrow~ Member

Media:
    I play on a really old mac and one day it said I couldn't play on 1.12 :(
    But I'm working on getting a new computer since they are really expensive.

9. Hyriell

Hyriell Best Meme EU
    Manager

A Prestige system is meant to be expensive :p Thats the whole point of a prestige system. Gives you goals to go for etc etc.

10. ~TheLostCrow~

~TheLostCrow~ Member

Media:
    One question about the new map. Will there a be a hospital? I know a whole bunch of people wanted that.

11. Hyriell

Hyriell Best Meme EU
    Manager

Most likely yes :3

12. ~TheLostCrow~

~TheLostCrow~ Member

Media:
    Cool beans

13. Henry Thee Purple.

Henry Thee Purple. New Member

Media:
    Alright understood.

14. xX_KaiChan_Xx

xX_KaiChan_Xx Member

Suggestion:

Friend System (Not like the old older one where it took up the whole page of space of the chat {If you had a lot of friends} xD Maybe something like Heads with Pages of the Players you are Friended with)

Just a idea,
    Kai~Chan

15. Josiah

Josiah New Member

OMGOODNESS!!! YEEES.... (ive been hiding under a rock the last 2 months xD)
    I CANT WAIT FOR CUSTOMIZABLE APPARTMENTSSSS!
    (idk if spamming caps is bad on forums... sorry if it is :D)
    What happens to your Players ''profile?'' do we keep the original Join date on the profile?

16. Josiah

Josiah New Member

yeah a friend system, but only like 10 people per page, and a choice to be able to NOT take friend requests.

17. xX_KaiChan_Xx

xX_KaiChan_Xx Member

Okay I have a question,

So inventories (I'm guessing that includes Ender chests and Lockers too) will be saved during the update.

Does that also include Hats, Tags, Particles, Comsmetics, ETC

Mystery Dust / Mystery Boxes

And Coins / Points?

Thanks,

Kai~Chan

18. Estoniafbi

Estoniafbi New Member

Will we see a police station with a police job that comes with handcuffs,baton,taser and a pistol and a police car?

19. Estoniafbi

Estoniafbi New Member

Nice to hear that a hospital will be added in. I really hope 4.0 cover all of the things that 3.0 missed such as a airport, a rural area, workable jobs, guns and a police station and police job(Sorry that I’m repeating myself, I’m a big police rp fan and crime is really high here)

20. Hyriell

Hyriell Best Meme EU
    Manager

There will definitely not be a airport at this time :)
    - Police station + Hospital + Fire Station will be added in though.

We're not adding more guns I dont think.

xX_KaiChan_Xx and Estoniafbi like this.